Selman & Company’s management team is committed to serving our clients and firmly believes it is the key to the Company’s growth and success. Together, the team has over a century of affinity and direct marketing insurance experience and over 75 years of tenure at Selman & Company. In addition to the commitment and dedication of its management team, Selman & Company’s staff includes an exceptional number of seasoned professionals with long-term tenure with the Company.
John L. Selman, Chairman
- Chairman of Selman & Company since its founding in June of 1980.
- Purchased five additional strategic insurance operations; combined with the achievement of significant internal growth and profitability objectives.
- In January of 2001, stepped back from day-to-day operations of the company to focus on strategic initiatives and pursue further external growth strategies.
- His insurance career began in 1970 in the property and casualty commercial insurance business, and from those beginnings in this industry he is now recognized nationally as a leader in the marketing and administration of affinity group sponsored life and health insurance plans.
David L. Selman, President & Chief Executive Officer
440.646.9336 x 252
- Joined Selman & Company in 1992.
- Originally responsible for sales, account management and marketing; assumed role as President of the firm in 2001.
- Previously worked in CNA Insurance Company’s Mass Marketing Division.
- BS from Babson College in Wellesley, MA majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
- Member of Cleveland’s chapter of Young Presidents' Organization (YPO)
- Previously served on the boards for the Professional Insurance Marketing Association (PIMA) and the Cleveland Museum of Art and on the national council of the American Institute of Professional Association Group Insurance Administrators (AIPAGIA).
- Member of the Northern Trust Ohio Advisory Board
Ann K. Louis, Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer
440.646.9336 x 279
- Joined Selman & Company in 2016.
- Responsible for Customer Contact Services, Claims, Human Resources and Information Technology.
- 25 Years banking experience with the last 20 years at KeyBank.
- Previously held leadership roles in Retail Banking and Operations, Call Center Management, Branch Channel Distribution, Risk Management and Enterprise Information Technology.
- BS in Business Administration with focus in Finance and Marketing from Miami University.
James P. Baum, Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer
440.646.9336 x 254
- Joined Selman & Company in 1999.
- Served as Controller before becoming Treasurer and CFO in 2001.
- Responsible for the Accounting, Premium Billing, Facilities, and Human Resources Departments.
- Previously Controller of a large printing company in Toledo, Ohio and a large manufacturing company in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Toledo and a Certified Public Accountant.
Dyer M. Bell, Vice President Sales
440.646.9336 x 139
- Joined Selman & Company in 2014.
- Responsible for Marketing and New Business Development.
- Nearly five years at Zurich North America; the last year as National Sales Director within the US Accident & Health group. Charged with developing and managing relationships with large national distributors for a growing division.
- Previously held sales management roles for All Risks, Ltd. (Hunt Valley, MD) and AIG.
- Prior to career in the insurance industry, served in the Office of the Governor in the State of Maryland as the Director of Public Relations.
- Bachelor's degree in history from the College of Charleston (SC); candidate for CLU and ChFC.
Cheryl M. Ahmad, Vice President Client & Corporate Services
440.646.9336 x 221
- Joined Selman & Company in 1997.
- Responsible for all client services and training, licensing, compliance & audits.
- Previously responsible for Account Management, Underwriter Relations, Product Development & Sales Support.
- BS in Business Administration from Bowling Green State University and MBA from Cleveland State University.
Elizabeth M. Boettcher, Vice President Customer Contact Services
440.646.9336 x 310
- Joined Selman & Company in 2011.
- Responsible for directing Customer Marketing/Service as well as Training and Development.
- Spent six years as Director of Customer Contact Services for Life Line Screening of America.
- 20 years of Call Center Customer Sales and Service Leadership.
- Previously employed at Progressive, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation and Pepsi-Cola Corporation.
- BA from Cleveland State University.
Bryan M. Shantery, Vice President & Chief Information Officer
440.646.9336 x 276
- Joined Selman & Company in 1998.
- Responsible for all facets of technology including software development, data management, information systems and network services.
- Previous responsibilities include systems management, policy administration and integration, telecommunications, infrastructure and support.
- Bachelor of Business Administration from Kent State University with a concentration in Information Technology.