We invest in doing things right. As your partner in providing solid insurance programs and administrative services, we are an extension of your team, and we value the trust you place in us. We continuously assess our products and services to comply with all regulatory requirements and protect the integrity and security of our data and systems. With SelmanCo, you can rest easy – our dedication to security and transparency mean you know how your data is protected.
Our vigilance reduces risk for our clients as we help them navigate changing regulatory requirements. Here's a sample of our many, ever-growing corporate compliance efforts:
- Fully licensed in all states - TPA, agency, and individual agent licensing
- Voluntary engagement in an annual SSAE SOC 1 Type 2 audit of all processes and controls applicable to customer’s financial data and reporting within our key policy system, supporting information technology; as well as controls over logical access, physical access, program change management, back-up and recovery, and media protection.
- Data center hosted by SunGard at a state-of-the-art facility delivering quality, consistency, business continuity, and supporting regulatory compliance. SunGard facilities are audited to SSAE 16 Type II and certified to the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard.
- Regulatory procedures and training covering the following:
- HIPAA, HITECH, and privacy
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB)
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- PIPEDA (Canada Regulation)
- Multiple independent, on-site Insurance Company audits each year
- Data transfers are FTP with PGP encryption, FTPS, SFTP, or HTTPS
- Business Continuity Plan, including pandemic planning
- Information Security Awareness Policy
Read more: Security and Compliance Concerns When Outsourcing Non-Core Business