We invest in doing things right. As your partner in providing solid insurance programs and administrative services, we are an extension of your team, and we value the trust you place in us. We continuously assess our products and services to comply with all regulatory requirements and protect the integrity and security of our data and systems.
Our vigilance reduces risk for our clients as we help them navigate changing regulatory requirements. Here's a sample of our corporate compliance efforts:
- Fully licensed in all states - TPA, agency and individual agent licensing
- Annual SSAE SOC 1 Type 2 audit of all processes and controls applicable to customer’s financial data and reporting, supporting information technology, as well as controls over logical access, physical access, program change management, back-up and recovery and media protection.
- Data center hosted by SunGard at state-of-the-art facility delivering quality, consistency, business continuity and supporting regulatory compliance by using SOC I Type II audit standards facilities audited to SSAE 16 Type II and certified to the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard.
- Regulatory compliant structure and procedures
- HIPAA, HITECH and privacy training
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB)
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- PIPEDA (Canada Regulation)
- Multiple, independent on-site Insurance Company audits each year
- Data transfers are FTP with PGP encryption, FTPS, SFTP or HTTPS
- Business Continuity Plan
- Information Security Awareness Policy
- Due to our desire for security and transparency, SelmanCo voluntarily engages annually in an SSAE16 SOC1 audit.