TRICARE Supplement for Individuals
If you have TRICARE health insurance, you could be saving more on out-of-pocket co-pays, prescription costs, and cost shares. Our company offers a special type of insurance product that helps cover these costs.
A TRICARE Supplement Plan wraps around your TRICARE health insurance coverage to help cover the costs TRICARE leaves behind. Plus, this plan gives you additional benefits, like the ability to seek care from any TRICARE-authorized civilian facility or provider. (A CHAMPVA supplement works in a similar way for people who are covered by that type of health care.)
What is TRICARE?
TRICARE insurance is the Department of Defense’s health benefit program for the military community. It consists of many different types of TRICARE plans, but typically TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Select, and TRICARE Reserve Select work best with this product. The TRICARE Supplement Plan helps pay co-payments, cost shares, and applicable excess charges.
- Supplements all three TRICARE plan options: Active Duty, Select, Prime, and Reserve Select
- GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE qualifiers: under age 65, does not qualify for Medicare, must have TRICARE as a primary
- Covers TRICARE cost shares/co-payments and excess charges which includes cost shares for inpatient and outpatient care including doctor visits, emergency room care, prescription costs, and prescription co-pays.
Note that SelmanCo operates TRICARE Supplements for associations as well as a supplement that employers make available as a benefit to their employees. These types of plans differ.
With the exception of our retail plans, this product is best for people who have TRICARE that are not active duty and not eligible for Medicare. This could include the following individuals:1. Military retirees
2. Spouses and Surviving Spouses
3. Retired Reservists and National Guardsmen
4. Eligible dependent children
These are insurance products, please read important information below.
MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL STATES.
To be eligible for the TRICARE health benefit program, you and your eligible family members must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). To register, verify, or update your family’s information in DEERS, visit the DEERS website. Information on TRICARE can be found on the TRICARE website: www.tricare.mil.