SelmanCo provides group marketing capabilities to reach your members and customers where they are today: online. While paper-based, direct mail can still be a part of our marketing program, the majority of our tactics and procedures are centered around digital marketing. To reduce cost and improve results, most campaigns today drive members toward online enrollment.
After agreeing to a program and schedule, SelmanCo develops and runs a content marketing campaign for your group. Each product campaign typically features content and communication for each stage of your member’s buyer’s journey: awareness stage, consideration stage, and decision stage.
The best part about our marketing programs is that they don't require much effort from clients. Clients work with their client managers to agree on scope, products, and timing. After that, clients simply supply a member list, and the client manager will arrange for deployment of the marketing campaign. Clients also review and approve materials.
- Engagement: We’re employing more touches with more nurturing than ever before. Your brand is front and center with your members and keeps your value top-of-mind.
- Business Intelligence: We use a sophisticated marketing automation platform that tracks nearly every aspect of a member’s response. Unlike paper, digital marketing creates data to show where members “fall off” and where they engage. This allows us to help you spot insights and develop your customer relationship management database.
- TAP:MC: By combining more than 40 years of experience with data-driven digital marketing, we work to improve the ROI, as measured, for example, by Total Annual Premium/Marketing Cost. Ultimately, our success metrics translate directly to the revenue success of our clients.
- List segmentation and modeling
- Digital asset creation
- Direct Mail
- Web Sites/Online Enrollment
- Inserts/Lead Generators
- ATM/Branch Messaging
- Upgrade Offers, Cross Sells, Statement Stuffers
- Social media, paid social media advertisements, pay-per-click
- Content marketing
For more than 40 years, we have functioned as a trusted marketing partner for more than 70 banks and credit unions. SelmanCo currently manages insurance marketing campaigns and activity for nearly 800 client groups.
Credit Union client
SelmanCo worked with the credit union to engage their members by moving away from a direct mail strategy towards an approach focused on digital marketing. We guided them through the process of converting their messaging to a digital audience, and this move facilitated great results. The landing page we designed for the campaign converted 39.44%, which was well over the 20% industry average at the time. Additionally, the average visitor viewed the landing page for around 5 minutes, demonstrating that the visitors to the page were interested and engaged. The TAP/MC for this campaign ended up at 3.71.
Affinity Organization for veteran and active-duty military families
SelmanCo developed a marketing strategy for an affinity organization to educate its members on the TRICARE Supplement Insurance Plan that utilized emails, landing pages, interactive content, and an information guide. We implemented a "shock and awe" approach that featured click-inspiring subjects and emotionally driven headlines to capture the attention of the organization's members. This approach was very successful as we observed a 142% increase in new policies when compared to the campaign we ran for the organization the year prior. Additionally, total annual premium increased 98% from the prior year's campaign.