Offer the TRICARE Supplement as a Voluntary Benefit
Impacting Millions of "Invisible" Workers
How many of your employees are among the nearly 10 million Americans who are covered under the government health insurance program known as TRICARE? Maybe more than you realize. If you have employees who have TRICARE, you should consider offering a TRICARE Supplement as a voluntary benefit.
Offering TRICARE Supplement is a Win/Win
Employers who offer this product to their eligible retired military employees may realize cost savings by creating a robust, alternative to the company's major medical health insurance program. Eligible employees who can partake in this plan could receive reimbursement for out-of-pocket health care costs, such as prescriptions, co-pays, and cost shares. This is why we describe this voluntary benefit as a win-win proposition.
Download the TRICARE for Employers case study.
- Reduce exposure to the rising costs of healthcare for your employees
- Turn-key marketing; easy administration
- Great value-add for your employees
Identifying Your Eligible Population
Most employers are unaware of potential number of TRICARE eligible employees that they hire, even when they are able to identify their veteran population. In our experience, your TRICARE eligible population may possibly be identified by the following:
- Employees near military installations or in areas of high military
concentration (TRICARE-eligibles tend to reside and work in these areas)
- Plan the timing of the offering of this supplement so that it can be presented with your offerings during open enrollment. Selman & Company can assist you.
- Employees affiliated with industries that attract military trained
- Government Contractors
- Major Airlines
Let Us Help You Deploy This Benefit
We have the resources to help you make this voluntary benefit successful. We provide:
- Administrative Services
- Product management
- Eligibility verification and policy fulfillment
- Employee notification
- Premium billing and collection
- Customer call center
- Claim processing
- Client Relationship Management
- Marketing Support
- Administered by Selman & Company
- Landing Pages | Web sites | Online Enrollment
- Open Enrollment Support & Materials
- Employer Training & Employee Presentations
- Attendance at Benefit Fairs
- Marketing Materials
Watch this video to learn how the supplement still works--even if an employee changes jobs.